Discover Adobe Software Engineer Salaries: Average Pay, Compensation & Benefits
Explore Adobe Software Engineer Salaries by job level and location along with their work-life balance and benefits. Compare it with Canva’s compensation.
At the forefront of innovation and creativity stands Adobe, a leading technology company that continues to inspire the digital world with its cutting-edge software solutions and transformative products.
Boasting an estimated employee count of 30,000, Adobe owes much of its success to the brilliant team of software engineers whose talents fuel the company’s inventive spirit.
Join us as we take a closer look at the Adobe software engineer salaries and an array of benefits accompanying this role.
Adobe Software Engineers Salaries by Job Level
For software engineers at Adobe, salaries vary based on their experience and expertise. The following table provides an overview of the salary ranges for each level:
| Level | Level Name | Total | Base | Stock (/yr) | Bonus | | — — — -| — — — — — — — — — | — — — — | — — — -| — — — — — — -| — — — -| | 1 | Entry Level | $169K | $129K | $28K | $12K | | 2 | Intermediate | $179K | $140K | $29K | $10K | | 3 | Senior | $221K | $158K | $44K | $19K | | 4 | Staff | $243K | $178K | $43K | $23K | | 5 | Senior Staff | $344K | $220K | $95K | $29K | | 5.5 | Prinicipal Software Engineer | $410K | $235K | $136K | $40K |
Source: Adobe Software Engineer Salaries
Level 1: Entry-Level Software Engineer
As an entry-level software engineer at Adobe, you can expect a total compensation package of approximately $169,000 annually. This includes a base salary of $129,000, stock options worth $28,000 per year, and an annual bonus of $12,000.
Level 2: Intermediate Software Engineer
At the intermediate level, software engineers at Adobe earn a total compensation of about $179,000 annually. The base salary for this level is $140,000, with stock options amounting to $29,000 per year. Additionally, an annual bonus of $10,000 is provided.
Level 3: Senior Software Engineer
Senior software engineers at Adobe receive a total compensation package of around $220,000 annually. The base salary for this level is $157,000, with stock options worth $44,000 annually. In addition, a yearly bonus of $19,000 is provided to senior engineers.
Level 4: Staff Software Engineer
Staff-level software engineers at Adobe earn a total compensation package of approximately $241,000 per year. The base salary for this level is $180,000, with stock options amounting to $40,000 per year. Furthermore, an annual bonus of $22,000 is provided to staff engineers.
Level 5: Senior Staff Software Engineer
Senior Staff-level software engineers at Adobe enjoy an impressive total compensation package of around $344,000 annually.
This includes a base salary of $220,000, complemented by stock options of $95,000 annually. On top of that, staff engineers receive an enticing annual bonus of $29,000.
Level 5.5: Principal Software Engineer
At Adobe, Principal Software Engineers are rewarded with an impressive compensation package of approximately $410,000 annually.
In addition, this attractive package includes a base salary of $235,000, accompanied by stock options worth $136,000 annually. Moreover, these skilled professionals receive an enticing annual bonus of $40,000.
However, note that the actual salaries may vary based on factors such as location, skills, and experience.
Career Progression at Adobe
At Adobe, career progression is an important aspect of the company culture. As software engineers gain experience and demonstrate their skills, they can advance to higher organizational levels.
Each level comes with increased responsibilities and a corresponding salary increase. Here is a summary of the career progression at Adobe:
1. Software Engineer 1 (Entry Level):
- Salary: $169K (Total), $129K (Base)
- Responsibilities: Entry-level position focusing on learning and gaining experience in software development. Also, he collaborates with the team and assists in implementing software solutions.
2. Software Engineer 2:
- Salary: $179K (Total), $140K (Base)
- Responsibilities: As a level 2 engineer, responsibilities include more independent work on software projects, taking ownership of specific tasks, and contributing to the overall development process.
3. Software Engineer 3:
- Salary: $221K (Total), $158K (Base)
- Responsibilities: Engineers are more experienced at this level and take on a leadership role within their team. They are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining complex software systems.
4. Software Engineer 4:
- Salary: $243K (Total), $178K (Base)
- Responsibilities: As a level 4 engineer, individuals have significant expertise and experience in their field. They lead important projects, mentor junior engineers, and contribute to developing high-impact software solutions.
5. Software Engineer 5:
- Salary: $344K (Total), $220K (Base)
- Responsibilities: As a level 5 engineer, the responsibilities include leading and contributing to complex software development projects, providing technical expertise, and mentoring junior engineers
6. Software Engineer 5.5:
- Salary: $410K (Total), $235K (Base)
- Responsibilities: As a level 5.5 engineer, the responsibilities include leading and overseeing critical software development initiatives, shaping the technical vision, and guiding the team towards successful project outcomes.
It’s important to note that these salary figures are approximate and subject to variations based on factors such as location and individual performance.
Salary Variation by Location
Regarding salaries at Adobe for software engineers, the numbers can vary depending on the location. Here’s a list of locations and how the salaries can differ:
| Location | Average Base Salary | | — — | — — | | Tampa, FL | $205K | | San Francisco, CA | $164K | | Seattle, WA | $160K | | Washington, DC | $157K | | Boston, MA | $154K | | New York, NY | $154K | | Philadelphia, PA | $151K | | Omaha, NE | $150K | | Los Angeles, CA | $145K | | Salt Lake City, UT | $128K | | Austin, TX | $124K | | Portland, OR | $106K | | Bangalore, India | $69K | | Noida, India | $63K | | Bucharest, Romania | $62K |
Source: Interview Query
Keep in mind that these are just a few examples, and software engineer salaries can vary across different locations. So, it’s always a good idea to research specific salary ranges for your desired location to get a better understanding of what to expect.
Important Benefits Offered by Adobe
- Health Savings Account (HSA): Adobe contributes $300 annually to employees’ Health Savings Accounts.
- Maternity Leave: Adobe offers six months of paid maternity leave.
- PTO (Vacation / Personal Days): Employees enjoy unlimited paid time off.
- Transport Allowance: Adobe provides employees with a transport allowance.
- Employee Discount: Adobe offers a generous employee discount of 100% off.
- Donation Match: Adobe matches employee donations up to $10,000.
- Fertility Assistance: Adobe provides egg freezing assistance .
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees can receive up to $10,000 per year in tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP): Adobe’s ESPP allows employees to contribute up to 25% of their base salary with a 15% discount on the stock purchase price.
- 401k: Adobe offers a 50% match on the first 6% of an employee’s base salary.
- Volunteer Time Off: Adobe provides $100 per hour for volunteer time off.
- Gym / Wellness Reimbursement: Employees can receive up to $500 annually for gym and wellness expenses.
- Paternity Leave: Adobe offers six months of paid paternity leave.
- Sick Time: Adobe provides unlimited sick leave.
- Remote Work: Employees can work remotely.
- Free Dinner: Adobe offers employees dinner five days a week.
- Free Lunch: Adobe provides subsidized lunch for employees five days a week.
- Childcare/Babysitting Reimbursement: Adobe offers childcare/babysitting reimbursement of $1200 plus 100 hours in backup care.
- Family Sickness Leave: Employees receive 20 days of paid family leave to care for ill family members.
- Employee Assistance Program: Adobe offers an employee assistance program.
- Learning and Development: Adobe provides employee learning and development opportunities.
- Gym Discount: Employees can enjoy a gym discount through Adobe.
- Gym On-Site: Adobe has on-site gym facilities.
- Custom Work Station: Adobe offers employees a custom workstation.
- Health Insurance: Adobe provides health insurance benefits.
- Regional Transit System: Adobe offers a regional transit system for employees.
- Referral Bonus: Employees can earn a referral bonus.
- Immigration Assistance: Adobe provides immigration assistance.
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms: Adobe offers gender-neutral bathrooms.
- Life Insurance: Adobe provides life insurance benefits.
- On-Site Fitness Classes: Employees can use on-site fitness classes.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Adobe offers a flexible spending account for employees.
- Sabbatical: Adobe provides sabbatical opportunities.
- On-Site Mother’s Room: Adobe offers an on-site mother’s room.
- Free Drinks: Employees can enjoy free drinks while working at Adobe.
- Disability Insurance: Adobe provides disability insurance benefits.
- Company Phones: Employees receive company phones.
- On-Site Employee Mall: Adobe has an on-site employee mall.
- Free Snacks: Adobe provides employees with free snacks.
- Dental Insurance: Adobe offers dental insurance benefits.
- Roth 401k: Adobe offers a Roth 401k option for employees.
- Adoption Assistance: Adobe provides adoption assistance.
- Business Travel Insurance: Adobe offers business travel insurance.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance: Adobe provides AD&D insurance benefits.
- Company Shuttle: Adobe offers a company shuttle for employees.
- Vision Insurance: Adobe provides vision insurance benefits.
- Bikes on Campus: Employees can use bikes on Adobe’s campus.
- Pet Insurance: Adobe offers pet insurance.
- Phone Bill Reimbursement: Adobe provides phone bill reimbursement for employees.
Refer to the Adobe Benefits for a complete list and more detailed information.
Working Culture at Adobe: A Great Place to Work
Regarding work-life balance, happiness, and culture, Adobe truly stands out. According to data from Comparably, employees at Adobe consistently rate their working culture as exceptional.
Let’s take a closer look at the specific ratings:
The results reveal that Adobe’s engineering, product, design, marketing, and operations departments all received top-notch ratings, with employees consistently reporting excellent work-life balance, high levels of happiness, and a positive overall culture.
The exceptional ratings across departments demonstrate Adobe’s commitment to fostering a healthy work-life balance, promoting employee happiness, and cultivating a positive organizational culture.
Moreover, this positive environment is crucial in attracting and retaining top talent, making Adobe an employer for those seeking a supportive and fulfilling work experience.
Salary Comparison: Adobe vs Canva
One crucial aspect to consider when evaluating a job offer is the salary. Comparing the compensation offered by different companies can provide valuable insights into the market value of a particular role.
Here is a breakdown of the salary ranges for Software Engineers at Adobe and Canva:
Salary Ranges of Software Engineers at Adobe
| Level | Level name | Total | Base | Stock (/yr) | Bonus | | — — — -| — — — — — — — — — | — — — -| — — — | — — — — — — -| — — — -| | 1 | Software Engineer 1 (Entry Level) | $169K | $129K | $28K | $12K | | 2| Software Engineer 2 | $179K | $140K | $29K | $10K | | 3 | Software Engineer 3 | $221K | $158K | $44K | $19K | | 4 | Software Engineer 4 | $243K | $178K | $43K | $23K | | 5 | Senior Staff | $344K | $220K | $95K | $29K | | 5.5 | Prinicipal Software Engineer | $410K | $235K | $136K | $40K |
Salary Ranges of Software Engineers at Canva
| Level name | Total | Base | Stock (/yr) | Bonus | | — — | — — | — — | — — | — — | | B1 | $92K | $77K | $15K | $0K | | B2 | $121K | $99K | $22K | $0K | | B3 | $118K | $108K | $10K | $0K |
As the table above shows, Adobe offers significantly higher salaries for Software Engineers than Canva. The base salary at Adobe ranges from $129K to $235K for Software Engineer levels 1 to 5.5, whereas at Canva, the base salary starts at $77K and goes up to $108K for levels B1 to B3.
Moreover, Adobe provides additional perks, such as stock options and bonuses, further enhancing the total compensation package. Canva, on the other hand, does not offer stock options and has limited or no bonuses for Software Engineers.
It is important to note that salary is just one factor when evaluating a job offer. Factors like company culture, work-life balance, and growth opportunities should also be considered.
Q. How much do Software Engineers make at Adobe?
The salary range for Software Engineers at Adobe varies depending on the level of experience and expertise. The entry-level Software Engineer earns a total compensation of $169K. On the other hand, the highest-paid Software Engineers at Adobe make a total compensation of $331K.
Q. What is the average salary at Adobe?
The average salary at Adobe for Software Engineers is around $203,750 per year. This average considers salaries for all levels of Software Engineers at Adobe.
Q. What is the highest salary for a Software Engineer at Adobe?
The highest salary offered to a Software Engineer at Adobe is $410,000 per year. This is for the position of Software Engineer 5.5, which is the highest level in the software engineering career ladder at Adobe.
Q. What are the most common skills required as a Software Engineer at Adobe?
As a Software Engineer at Adobe, several skills are highly valued. Some of the most common skills required include:
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, C++, or Python.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with software development methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of web development technologies and frameworks.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms and services.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Q. How much does an entry-level Software Engineer make at Adobe?
An entry-level Software Engineer at Adobe, also known as Software Engineer 1, can expect a total compensation of $169K annually. This includes a base salary of $132K, stock of $30K per year, and a bonus of $12K. It’s important to note that this is an average figure, and the actual salary may vary based on location and individual qualifications.
Adobe is committed to providing competitive salaries for its software engineers. With a strong emphasis on employee benefits, work-life balance, and a stimulating work environment, Adobe fosters an atmosphere that empowers its workforce to thrive.
So, are you ready to take the next step in your career journey? Don’t miss the chance to explore the exciting current job openings for software engineers at 4 Day Week.